Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Charity Clay - 80's Babies Grown Up (Prod. by Dreek)!!!



Current Oakland, CA resident by way of Chicago, IL, the Minneapolis, MN native, Charity Clay, known to most as "C Dot the catalyst", has worked tirelessly honing her craft to insure a quality product is provided to her listeners. Her first release the 2009 project entitled "forced to freestyle" was an introduction to her freestyling and storytelling ability as well as her passion and respect for the culture and talent with lyricism. After receiving feedback on the project, she has been working to improve her delivery and conceptual writing ability and compiled her efforts into the ep entitled "the smokey winston project" which was released on November 2, 2010. She is currently working on a collaborating with up and coming emcees and working on another EP and a full length album and continuing to carve out her place as a "catalyst" in Hip Hop as we enter this millennium's second decade.


Charity had this to say about her newest single:
"As a real 80s baby I wanted to make a song that reflects our experiences and give some insight into our world perspective. I think our generation is unique for SO many reasons (word to my master's thesis) and I wanted to touch on some of the things that I believe are the reason for that. I've been working on a project with beats made from Aretha Franklin samples so I sent the homie @dreekgotdibbz one of my favorite Aretha joints and he flippped it to such a soulful track that I had to bless it."

80s babies grown up by charityclay

Charity Clay - 80's Babies Grown Up (Prod. by Dreek)

Follow her on Twitter: @UrFavCharity

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails